Saturday, October 15, 2011

Case Histories starts tomorrow


Tomorrow night Masterpiece Mystery kicks off a brand-new series -- Case Histories, starring Jason Isaacs (YUM!), based on the novels by author Kate Atkinson. Here's a bit about the series:

Jason Isaacs (Harry Potter, The Patriot) stars as private investigator Jackson Brodie, the tough former soldier and policeman with a heart of gold, in this series based on the acclaimed novels by Kate Atkinson. Brodie, haunted by a past family tragedy, struggles to balance his personal and professional life while coming to the rescue of the bereaved, the lost and the dysfunctional in the Scottish city of Edinburgh.
Here's the thing: I love Jason Isaacs. L-O-V-E him. But at the risk of shocking everyone reading this who is well acquainted with my Masterpiece fanaticism, I'm not planning weekly reviews of this series as it airs. (*gasp!* I know, right?)

Next Sunday sees the premiere of the ABC series Once Upon a Time, followed by the currently airing Pan Am, and I'm just more interested in watching those shows on Sunday night right now than a Jason Isaacs mystery show based on books I never heard of until I read the Masterpiece schedule. (Jason, I'll make it up to you someday, PROMISE!) :) Be sure to check back in and let me know how you like Case Histories if you watch it!

8 comments:

Charity said...

I haven't really been interested at all in the Mystery! season this year, but I like Jason Isaacs (have you seen him in "Passionada" -- the movie that left all the girls I had over for a sleepover on the floor drooling) so I'll check this out.

Unknown said...

@Charity - I am REALLY missing Series 2 of Sherlock on Mystery this year. *sigh* Patience is a virtue, right? ;) I love Inspector Lewis though. I definitely plan on watching Case Histories at some point -- I just need a bit of a break from a weekly Masterpiece review.

I've never even HEARD of Passionada, but I just looked up clips/trailers on YouTube, and all I can say is HOW ON EARTH HAVE I MISSED THIS MOVIE??? Going to watch it ASAP, thanks for the rec!

Heidenkind said...

I have never heard of this Jason Isaacs person. Who did he play in Harry Potter?

Unknown said...

@heidenkind - *gasp* You mean you don't recognize Draco's daddy?? ;)

Charity said...

Don't even get me started on missing Sherlock -- I can't even... *SIGH*

I used to be really into mysteries but of late, not as much.

Passionada's morals leave a bit to be desired, but it's really quite romantic and fetching -- and it's also the only romantic role I've ever seen Jason in, which makes it lovely. Hope you enjoy it!

Unknown said...

@Charity - Re: Sherlock - I don't have words either.

I will definitely let you know what I think of Passionada!

I watched the first hour of Case Histories -- loved Jason, and his relationship with his daughter -- the random hook-up with the woman in the bar -- not so much. *sigh*

Heidenkind said...

I think you made the right choice with this one. SO. BORING.

Unknown said...

@heidenkind - Yep, I'm officially taking the next few weeks off from Masterpiece viewing. This was...blech...awful. I mean Jason Isaacs was DROP DEAD GORGEOUS...but even that couldn't save this show for me. Too boring, too dark, too...blech. :(