Monday, March 28, 2011

Comic Relief Favorites: The Vicar of Dibley

In the final installment sharing my favorite Comic Relief skits, I bring you Richard Armitage doing comedy. If you've never seen The Vicar of Dibley, well what are you waiting for? That show is freaking hilarious. The first time (to my knowledge, anyway) that Dawn French's Vicar filmed a Comic Relief special was the "wife-swap" themed episode featuring Sting and RICHARD ARMITAGE. :) Happy times...



In poking around YouTube, I also found another Dibley special featuring JOHNNY DEPP! Never saw this one before, so that was a great surprise. I think it must pre-date the R.A. special though...

4 comments:

Kaye Dacus said...

I miss this show so much!

But frankly, how anyone could even look at Sting after being married to Richard Armitage, I can't fathom!

Laura Frantz said...

Ditto Kaye here. I watched Dibs (the 2 hour special) in January and found RCA amazing, even comedic. Sting can't compare!

Lori said...

Yeah, the Johnny clip is older. That reminds of Dawn French's memoir. I haven't read it, but I saw an interview where she talked about her attempts to kiss every celebrity she fancied and she has a huge list of successes. I guess it helps when you have a hit show and you invite all the hot actors on and conveniently have kissing scenes! She's brilliant.

Unknown said...

@Kaye - I know, me too! I wish they'd come back and do another full-length episode or two following the marriage...oh the potential! :)

@Laura - Poor Sting. :P

@Lori - Okay, that is hilarious! I be her memoir is hysterical!