Monday, March 7, 2011

Alfie Boe warbles a bit.

Last night I watched Les Miserables: The 25th Anniversary Concert on PBS, which I thoroughly enjoyed (except for the gosh-awful, horribly miscast Nick Jonas as Marius...but I'm not going to talk about that, going to think happy thoughts this morning instead). Jean Valjean was played by Alfie Boe, who I had never heard of prior to this concert. Now, I realize there are a lot of very strong opinions out there about the "definitive" Valjean, so let me be clear I am not trying to compare Boe to Colm Wilkinson. :) However, I thought Alfie Boe did a fantastic job as Valjean, and it's just an added bonus that he seemed so humble and soft-spoken and freaking adorable in the interviews.

After finding these YouTube videos this morning of Alfie singing in Matt Lucas' (Thenardier) kitchen, it is now official - I am completely in love with Alfie Boe. Enjoy. :)

Alfie Boe warbles a bit:



Alfie Boe warbles again:

3 comments:

Heidenkind said...

I watched it too, while I was writing papers. How can you not like a person named Alfie? :)

Lori Benton said...

I didn't see Les Mis, but those vids were great! Big smile here. Nice way to transition from my work day to my kitchen duties.

Unknown said...

@heidenkind - SO true. :)

@Lori - Glad you enjoyed the vids!! They are a lot of fun! :)