Friday, January 1, 2010

Upcoming Movies...

(The sappy romantic edition.)

Don't know how many of these I'll get to see in theaters, but I'll definitely be viewing them at some point. First up is Leap Year, starring Amy Adams and Matthew Goode. I heart Matthew...and this may be his ticket to bigger & better roles. He's appeared in Marple, My Family and Other Animals, and was the only interesting thing in the abysmal Brideshead Revisited.



Coming later this month is When In Rome, which really reminds me just a bit of Three Coins In the Fountain (only with a magical twist).



Next up is Letters to Juliet. I have to admit this trailer...was it the trailer or Vanessa Redgrave's fabulousness?...actually made me tear up. This movie also has the added draw of starring Christopher Egan, who played David in the all too short-lived TV show Kings (moment of silence for a truly great show...okay, thanks).



And lastly, Dear John, based on the Nicholas Sparks novel, comes out in April or May. I'm not a huge Sparks fan, but every once in a while he comes out with something that really gets me, like the whole soldier angle here. Doesn't hurt that in the movie Channing Tatum plays the soldier. :) It's not like he's a great actor or anything, but oh. my. WORD!! Have you seen Step Up?! ;-)

6 comments:

Heidenkind said...

Letters to Juliet looks FREAKING AWESOME. I'm very excited to see that one.

Unknown said...

@heidenkind - I KNOW!! Can't wait!! :)

Lori Benton said...

I love the trailer for Letters to Juliet too. I've seen it two or three times on the big screen and every time the REAL Lorenzo Bartolini rides up... (big smile). Is Christopher Egan the young romantic interest? He reminds me a tiny bit of Heath Ledger.

Unknown said...

@Lori - Yes, Christopher Egan plays the younger romantic interest/Vanessa Redgrave's grandson in Letters. Did you watch Kings? I can't remember, but your comment got me to thinking that if you missed it you'd LOVE it. :)

Tales of Whimsy said...

O these each look SO good! And I've yet to see one yet :( Boo me!

Unknown said...

@Juju - I've seen Leap Year and When In Rome, and recommend both!