Thursday, September 23, 2010

when blogs collide

Tuesday happened to be my 30th birthday (funny how when I turned 29 I was not okay with turning 30, but now that 30 is here I am completely fine with it...just wanted to share that random observation). :) This birthday was made extra special since I was able to spend time with some very dear friends - author Kaye Dacus, author and publisher Joan Hochstetler, and author Lori Benton. I "met" Lori several months ago (has it been a year already?) through the wonderful book blogosphere, and since then we've also connected on Facebook and I consider her a dear friend. I was THRILLED to have the opportunity to meet Lori since she was in town on her way back home from the latest ACFW (American Christian Fiction Writers) conference. Here are a couple of pics we snapped to commemorate the occasion - very appropriately in a bookstore - after enjoying a delicious lunch at Panera.

Lori, me, and Kaye

Lori, me, Joan, and Kaye
After this visit I have to say I really hope I get to meet more of my blogging friends live and in person someday soon! :)

10 comments:

Deborah said...

so i totally spazzed and forgot to wish you a Happy birthday..so HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!

and it's shame you live on the OTHER side of Tennessee, as my husband's family lives near the border of VA/East Tennessee so I go down and visit Johnson City and Bristol a lot. Would LOVE to meet you one day!

Unknown said...

@Deborah - Oh, thanks for the birthday wishes (I am celebrating till the end of the month at least so it's all good, LOL)!

And I would LOVE to meet you too (between you and me you are high on my "wishlist")! :) I won't rule anything out...if I am ever heading to Johnson City (LW has a store there) I will let you know!

Tales of Whimsy said...

A. How cool!
B. Happy birthday darling!

Deborah said...

oh yes i have been to that lifeway store!

also if you go to Eastern Tennessee, you have go find a Family Book Outlet store. they are Christian remainder book stores, that sell lots of books including TONS of Christian fiction for insanely low prices. i'm really glad they don't have one up here in DC because i'd be there every week. every time we go visit his parents, i make husband bring me there.

Unknown said...

@Juju - Thank you, dah-ling! :0

@Deborah - Oh cool! I will keep you in the loop. It's a good thing I don't live near a place like that outlet, either...I'd be in major trouble.:)

Renee (BlacknGoldGirlsBookSpot) said...

Happy Birthday! September is a good month ;-)

XOXO~ Renee

Unknown said...

@Renee - Thank you! And I agree 100%!

Heidenkind said...

Aw, happy birthday!

In a few weeks I turn 30 too. :S

Nat at RA FanBlog said...

I hope you had a great birthday, Ruth! We just celebrated my husband's 30th b-day this month. Like you, he didn't mind one bit, but had a hard time with turning 29 last year. I think the anticipation of 30 looming ahead is worse than anything else. Funny how that happens! :)

Unknown said...

@heidenkind - Another friend to join me in the 30 Club! LOL! You can make it! ;)

@Nat - Thank you, I did! And glad to know I'm not the only one who had trouble with turning 29...that is so weird looking back but I think you're right...the anticipation of the age 30 was way worse for me than by the time reality rolled around. :) Happy belated birthday to him too!