Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Blogging note...

Hello all...sorry things have been rather quiet on the blog front. Even though I'm waiting for the "official" go date to begin to move into the new apartment, I decided to go ahead and get a jump on packing this weekend - so that's taken up a good chunk of my spare time and energy. Please bear with me this month as there will be times when posts don't appear as regularly as I'd like. :) So much to blog about, so little time.

Speaking of too much to blog about, I hope Masterpiece Mystery fans are enjoying the Miss Marple episodes (both new and encore presentations). I am going to put blogging about the latest series of Foyle's War on hold for now. Since I've never blogged about Foyle's War, and since the series can be best appreciated when viewed chronologically, I plan on doing a Foyle's series *hopefully* later this summer. But you can expect posts on the new Miss Marple films to appear intermittently throughout the coming weeks. :)

Hope everyone is doing well!!

7 comments:

Phylly3 said...

I caught Miss Marple last Sunday. I thought it was neat that it included Tommy and Tuppence (from a previous Masterpiece Theatre series). What cross-over fun!
I wonder if Hercule and Miss Marple ever worked on a case together -- mind boggling!

Tales of Whimsy said...

Miss Marple films?
OH MY!
What have I been missing?
When are they on?

Traxy said...

Good luck with the move! :) Stressful time moving, but it's nice when it's finally over!

Laura Frantz said...

Hope the move goes very well for you, Ruth. Personally, I love to move and find a fresh place very inspiring:) You deserve a blogging break!

Unknown said...

@phylly3 - Oh, that Miss Marple/Tommy & Tuppence mash-up is one of my favorite Marple films of the last few years! Glad you enjoyed it!

@Juju - Miss Marple is airing on Masterpiece Mystery right now - check out your local PBS station. The Masterpice website is http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece

@Traxy - Thank you! BTW, I got your book - I've been meaning to write you back! Thank you so much!!! More to come... :)

@Laura - Thanks Laura. I'm fighting a little stressed/being overwhelmed at the moment, but once the ball gets rolling on the move I know it'll all come together. And I am very excited about getting settled in the new place!

Heidenkind said...

I watched Foyle's War backwards this season. Haha. I was like, "WTF is going on?" :P

Good luck with the move!

Unknown said...

@heidenkind - I think I started Foyle's War with season 4...then went back to 1 and worked my way through the films. When you watch them in order the storytelling and character-building are really a marvel to behold.