Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Upcoming movies...the summer edition, part one...

Well, sorry to spring another upcoming movies post on you so soon, but this is turning into quite a week. I'm in the middle of a few books (reviews to come of course!), I still haven't reviewed Iron Man 2 or Letters to Juliet (loved 'em both just in case you were wondering), and I finalized plans to move sometime within the next month. Let the packing frenzy commence!

Since May is already half over (can you believe it?!) the summer movie season is gong to be kicking into high gear. There's a handful of movies coming out in June that I'm interested in seeing...here you go:

You all know I'm a sucker for a good historical epic. :) Princess Ka'iulani has already opened in limited release, mostly on the west coast (I think). There's no telling if it will ever make it's way to Tennessee, but if it does I definitely want to see it. Starring Q'orianka Kilcher, who played Pocahontas in the gorgeous film The New World.



Killers opens 6/4, starring Katherine Heigl and Ashton Kutcher. Looks fun but it may end up being a rental:



The A-Team opens on 6/11, and people I can not WAIT for this one. I absolutely love the TV show. While no one can fully replace George Peppard as Hannibal, and no one can ever, EVER replace Dwight Schultz as Murdock (LOVE him!), this cast looks like it will do a decent job. :) Starring Liam Neeson as Hannibal, Bradley Cooper as Faceman, Sharlto Copley as Murdock, and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson as B.A.



Last but certainly not least, Knight and Day opens 6/25 starring Cameron Diaz and Tom Cruise. I am endlessly entertained by this trailer, which is really something if you know how long I've spent loathing Tom Cruise (I've mellowed on that somewhat...loved Valkyrie, bad accent & all). If it comes down to a choice between this movie & Killers, this one will win, no contest...

12 comments:

Deborah said...

wow i had no idea about Princess Kailuani. definitely want to see it although it still looks Pocahontas in Hawaii to me. it also looks like it will make me hate manifest destiny again lol

Kaye Dacus said...

We are SO there on June 11 for the A-Team opening!!!!

Unknown said...

@Deborah - You have a point about Pocahontas in Hawaii, LOL! I think it's interesting that this movie is coming out on the heels of 2 Hawaii set historicals just releasing in CBA (Lahaina, Hawaii by Bodie Thoene and The Spoils of Eden by Linda Chaikin).

@Kaye - Unless it's moving weekend I am SO THERE! :)

Unknown said...

I want to see Killers, Knight and Day, Robin Hood (not based soley on your review :)) and one other I can't remember right now.
btw - thanks for fixing me! haha

Unknown said...

@Terra - I cannot wait to see Knight and Day, that trailer cracks me up. And of course my review of Robin Hood played a critical role in your decision, no?? C'mon now... ;) And you are very welcome...fixing Blogger problems...well it's the least I can do... :)

Tales of Whimsy said...

Sweeet! Thanks for this. Will you be reviewing them all?

Tales of Whimsy said...

Man...I just can't look at Tom Cruise the same way anymore.

Unknown said...

@Juju - You're welcome. I certainly hope to post reviews of all of the films at some point. So Tom Cruise...are you going to be able to see Knight & Day? :)

Jenny B. Jones said...

Princess Ka'iulani looks SOOO good. Thanks for posting that!

Unknown said...

@Jenny - You're welcome. Here's hoping it opens close to us sooner rather than later!

Unknown said...

I said SOLEY Ruth! ;)

Unknown said...

@Terra - :)