Tuesday, August 27, 2013

update & prayer request

Hello friends! Some of you may remember back in July when I asked for prayer as my father was facing some tests -- well, I apologize for the delay in posting any updates, but to be perfectly frank this summer has been INSANE...and I will not be sorry to see the end of it. Thank you to everyone who has made inquiries here or on Facebook -- they have been SO appreciated!

To make a long story short, my dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer. After several weeks of tests to determine whether or not the cancer was localized or had spread (and INTERMINABLE waits for test results), his doctors feel confident that the cancer is contained (PRAISE GOD) and decided on a course of treatment -- removing the prostate. That surgery is (FINALLY) tomorrow morning. I can hardly begin to tell you how relieved I am to finally come to the surgery eve. God's fingerprints have been all over dad's case, but I would ask for your continued prayers for the surgery tomorrow and that the doctors are able to determine that the cancer is contained and get it all (if that bears out, dad won't need radiation follow-up).

Thank you SO much for hanging with me this crazy summer, blogging friends! I am so grateful to each and every one of you for the friendship and support!

15 comments:

Lori Benton said...

Hey Ruth. I'm so glad to hear this news. I was thinking about you and your dad just this morning and wondering how it was going.

I hear you about this summer. For very different reasons I'll be glad to see the backside of it too. :)

Praying for the surgery tomorrow.

Hugs!

Unknown said...

@Lori - Thank you my friend! You are so appreciated!!! :)

Renee (BlacknGoldGirlsBookSpot) said...

I'm so glad to hear the news. I hope papa makes a full recovery. Hugs and prayers to you BOTH! Keep us updated.

Unknown said...

@Renee - Thank you! Will do! :)

Patti said...

Thanks for the update. I had been wondering how your dad was doing.

I'm glad to hear that it appears the cancer is contained. I sure hate that disease!!

Praying for God's hand to be upon the doctors as they perform surgery. May every trace of cancer be removed from his body.

Love,
Patti

Abbi Hart said...

We went through this same thing with my dad so I know what you are going through and I will definitely be praying for your dad, you, your family, and the doctors!
God bless!

Anne Mateer said...

So glad to hear this update as I have been praying for your dad and your family! Will be praying all goes well with the surgery!

Tales of Whimsy said...

So glad to hear this are looking up. *hug*

Rissi said...

Thank you for sharing this, Ruth. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers, and I wish your father a swift and speedy recovery. Hope all goes well.

Keep us posted, my friend. *hugs*

Alexandra said...

Thank you so much for sharing, Ruth. Will definitely keep you and your family in my prayers! Please keep us posted. *hug*

Heidenkind said...

((hugs)) My thoughts will definitely be with you and your family, Ruth! I'm glad they found out what's going on and his treatment will start soon.

Kristin said...

Thanks for the update, Ruth! I'll keep praying for your family.

~Kristin

Kara said...

Will absolutely be praying, Ruth! It's miserably hard to watch your parent go through something like that. Hang in there. Thanks for the update!

Gandergelf said...

Wishing you and your dad the very best and praying for health and healing.

Jack said...

I will be praying, a lot, for him. I am so sorry to here what he has been going through, but I am glad it is contained and I pray the doctors get it all. I am keeping you all in my prayers.