Saturday, July 24, 2010

One of the best Doctor Who moments EVER.

The "Vincent & the Doctor" episode from the fifth season of Doctor Who was not only a great vehicle for Matt Smith's Doctor, but quite simply one of the best Doctor episodes EVER. The ending - seen below - brought me to tears. Thanks to my friend Ruth for transcribing the following quote:
He transformed the pain of his tormented life into ECSTATIC beauty. Pain is easy to portray, but to use your passion and pain to portray the ecstasy and joy and magnificence of our world -- no one had ever done it before. Perhaps no one ever will again. To my mind that ...strange, wild...man who roamed the fields of Provence was not only the world’s greatest artist, but also one of the greatest men who ever lived.

2 comments:

Lori said...

I'll say it again...I LOVED that episode!!

Unknown said...

@Lori - I know! Overall, quite pleased with Matt's 1st season as the Doctor...great things to build on for season 6!