Thursday, March 7, 2013

Whedon's Much Ado trailer

People, I am really not sure how I feel about this:



I love Much Ado. LOVE it. That play is so near and dear to my heart, and informs so much of my outlook towards book and film...whether I'm reading about a couple or watching them on-screen, there's a 98% chance I'm subconsciously measuring their chemistry by the gold standard that is Beatrice and Benedick.

So. I'm just not sure about this vision of Shakespeare's timeless comedy of manners and romance. Maybe it's just the trailer -- the way its shot, the music? Maybe I'll love Amy Acker as Beatrice and whoever this Benedick guy is (Alexis Denisof -- clearly my problem is that I was never able to get into Buffy).

On the plus side, Nathan Fillion is playing Dogberry! And Clark Gregg is playing Leonato! HELLO AGENT COULSON. :) So there's that. Has anyone seen it? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

7 comments:

Heidenkind said...

Aw, I think it looks fun and charming.

Unknown said...

@Tasha - I hope that's the case. :)

Jess said...

Hmm. . . looks interesting! I love Much Ado, too, and an American modern adaptation would be curious, especially with the unlikely Joss Whedon directing! I'll have to give this one a shot--thanks for sharing!

Katie Hart - Pinterest Manager said...

Denisof and Acker had one of THE sweetest ill-fated love stories on Angel. Definitely looking forward to seeing them together on this - their on-screen chemistry is amazing!

You might want to try Buffy again - the show took a while to grab me and the first (short) season is definitely the weakest. Things pick up in a big way early in season 2!

Unknown said...

@Jess - You're welcome! :)

@Katie - OH now that's interesting about Denisof & Acker on Angel. And thanks for the Buffy encouragement. :)

Traxy said...

I'm not sure either, but hey, it has those familiar faces and I really enjoyed the Ken Branagh version of the story. And Joss Whedon is Joss Whedon, after all.

Not to mention Nathan Fillion. <3

Unknown said...

@Traxy - I <3 Nathan Fillion. :)