Friday, January 27, 2012

upcoming films...

So I took the afternoon off and went to the movies this afternoon (more on that a bit later), and was pleasantly surprised by three trailers that look very promising --

Salmon Fishing in the Yemen



Ewan McGregor! Emily Blunt! SALMON! Color me intrigued. According to the IMDB, the film is slated to open in the US March 9th -- though I suspect that is a limited release date.

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel



Isn't this cast amazing? Judi Dench, Maggie Smith, Bill Nighy, Tom Wilkinson, Penelope Wilton!? Did I mention BILL NIGHY?! According to the IMDB, this is slated to open May 4th.

W.E.



This film has been on my radar for a while now thanks to my interest in the history. But this film - James D'Arcy is playing Edward, LAURENCE FOX is playing his brother Bertie, and the rest of the cast of the historical portion of the film is equally pedigreed. I could care less about the Madonna connection...but with D'Arcy and Fox in this film I'm so there. :) According to the IMDB this one opens February 3rd, probably in limited release first.

9 comments:

Rissi said...

W.E. has interested me ever since I first read/heard about it. Madonna as the director doesn't thrill me, but I am looking forward to seeing it nonetheless. =)

Rissi said...

PS: what did you see today??

Lori Benton said...

Salmon Fishing looks to have been partly filmed where they set Glen Bogle in Monarch of the Glen. GORGEOUS Scottish country. Some of the most beautiful I've ever seen. I recognized the house.

And did you go to the movie I think you went to? And if you did, can you pmail me on FB and let me know if you liked it? :) I don't think I can wait for the official write up!

Anne Mateer said...

When we finally made it to the theater a few weeks ago (saw Tinker,Tailor, Soldier, Spy) we saw the trailer for Salmon Fishing in Yemen and though it looked fabulous. Hadn't heard of these other two but after watching the trailers, I feel sure we'll make an effort to see them!

Ella said...

Salmon Fishing in Yemen intrigues me for Emily Blunt. Gosh, I love her =D

However, the one that seems fascinating is "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel." Although I might have a tiny bit a challenging seeing Maggie Smith and Penelope Wilton in India and not in Downton Abbey ;-)

Kristin said...

They all look pretty interesting, but I think I'd be most likely to see "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel." I saw a preview for it a while back and was very impressed with the cast (even though it is so strange to see all of them in modern clothes! :).

~Kristin

Unknown said...

@Rissi - Yeah, me too. And you probably figured this out, but Friday I saw The Artist. :)

@Lori - That's awesome! I'm intrigued by the Salmon movie and book. And I went to the movie you thought I went to on Saturday. :)

@Anne - How did you like Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy?

@Ella - Me too! She is a great actress! And I love the look of Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - plus the cast is just PACKED with talent!

@Kristin - Me too - I want to read the book!

Joni said...

Oh. Mah. Gah. James D'Arcy and Laurence Fox as BROTHERS? I am dead.

Unknown said...

@Joni - You and me both!