Thursday, December 8, 2011

Oskar the Blind Cat

My uncle sent me a link to an article and video about a kitten and its owners in his area that have become something of a internet sensation. Oskar the cat was born without eyes, but that certainly hasn't stopped this little guy from living life to the fullest. I am such a cat person, I have to admit that watching these videos brought tears to my eyes -- this little guy is amazing! Click here to read the news article about Oskar and his owners, and here are some of his videos --

Oskar and his first toys:



Oskar versus the hair dryer:



Oskar and the Christmas tree:

5 comments:

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

Oh my! Isn't he the cutest thing? Wow. Kudos to him for not letting anything stop him and kudos to his owners for allowing such a sweet soul to shine on :)

heidenkind said...

Aw, cute little kitteh.

I had a dog that was blind. We couldn't move the furniture around or she would walk into it; otherwise she seemed like a pretty normal dog.

Ruth said...

@Juju - He's so adorable. Glad you enjoyed the videos! :)

@heidenkind - Isn't it amazing how they adapt?

Traxy said...

Absolutely adorable. :) Had seen the phrase "Oskar the blind kitten" before, but not any actual pictures or videos. Sure put a smile on my face, so thank you for sharing! My li'l one isn't quite as playful - and indeed, is completely ignoring the tree. :)

Ruth said...

@Traxy - You're welcome, glad you enjoyed the videos! I am thankful that any cats I've had have ignored trees, believe me! ;)