Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Top 10 books on my wishlist...


Lori over at Some of My Favorite Things started a new meme this week - the top 10 books on your wishlist. I probably won't be participating every week, but as my wishlist grows (as it usually does, LOL), I may chime back in with a new list. Here's my list, in no particular order:

  1. Healer: A Novel (Brides of Alba #1) by Linda Windsor (due out June 2010) - it's been far too long since Windsor's released a historical - can not wait to read this one!
  2. Sons of Thunder by Susan May Warren (due out February 2010) - this novel is one of the first wave of historicals from Summerside Press. Warren is one of my favorite authors, and since is a World War II novel - my favorite historical time period - I can't wait to read it!
  3. Songbird Under a German Moon by Tricia Goyer (due out February 2010) - this is another one of Summerside's historicals. I love Goyer's WWII novels, so I'm very excited about this one.
  4. Evensong (The Zion Memoirs #1) by Brock and Bodie Thoene (due out April 2010) - what's not to look forward to? Impeccable research, fantastic writing - this is the first book in a new "bridge" series between the classic Zion Covenant and Zion Chronicles books.
  5. The Silent Governess by Julie Klassen (due out January 2010) - this book sounds vaguely reminscent of Jane Eyre - irregardless, the story premise sounds fascinating. Can't wait to check out this book!
  6. A Distant Memory (Wings of Glory #1) by Sarah Sundin (due out March 2010) - yet another WWII era novel that I cannot WAIT to read.
  7. The Country House Courtship by Linore Rose Burkard (due out January 2010) - I really enjoy Burkard's regency romances - this one is sure to be another winner!
  8. Fire: Tales of Elemental Spirits by Robin McKinley and Peter Dickinson (due out October 2009) - I love, love, LOVE Robin McKinley's magical prose. Her book releases are too few and far between - can't wait for this release!
  9. Here Burns My Candle by Liz Curtis Higgs (due out April 2010) - Higgs tackles the Old Testament story of Naomi and Ruth - and the results are sure to be spectacular!
  10. Abigail: A Novel (The Wives of King David #2) by Jill Eileen Smith (due out February 2010) - I have a soft spot for well-executed Biblical fiction, and given my reawakened interest in the story of David (thanks to the too-short lived series Kings), I'm looking forward to this one.

If you decide to complete this meme, please come back and leave a link in the comments! What are you looking forward to reading? :)

5 comments:

Lori (sugarandgrits) said...

Thank you for participating Ruth! You have some of the same books that are on my WL ~ I just haven't chosen them as my Top 10 yet. I'm sure they'll show up eventually. LOL

~ Lori
http://sugarandgrits.blogspot.com

Renee (BlacknGoldGirlsBookSpot) said...

All of your books look great Ruth! I hope they're all as good as they sound!

XOXO~ Renee

Anonymous said...

Oh, I didn't know Linda Windsor has a new book coming out. Great list. =}

Unknown said...

Wow...there are several here that I haven't heard about at all. I'm particularly eager for the Liz Curtis Higgs book...she's an incredible author! :o)

Christy

Unknown said...

@Lori - You're welcome! I look forward to reading your future lists! :)

@Renee - Me too! LOL!!

@Jen - I am SO excited about the Windsor book...I don't know how I'm gonna stand waiting till next summer!

@Christy - Completely, 100% agree with you about Higgs! Very excited to read this latest story!